Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the little gym

Kaden officially joined a gym...The Little Gym...that is!  Kaden and I visited the Bugs class last Wednesday and really enjoyed it.  He had so much fun that he took a 3 hour nap once we got home.  I enjoyed that!  The Little Gym is all about helping children and parents work together on basic motor and social skills.  The teachers incorporate a variety of moves that help with balance and coordination which is accompanied by music that helps develop rhythm and stimulate parts of the little brain.  The music made me realize that I needed to start relearning The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star type songs!  Since it's just the 2 of us at home all day, every day, I think it's really important for me to get him out with other children his age in order to develop his social skills.  I think it's equally important for me to meet new stay at home moms.  I'm also hoping it helps him learn to crawl and walk sooner than normal...I may regret that statement later when I'm chasing him around the house.  He is the youngest one in the class (all the others are already sitting up and crawling all over the place) but the teacher seems to think he'll catch up with the 7-10 month olds really soon.     

Below is a link to a few videos the teachers took while we were there.  In the first one, he gets a little cranky near the end because he missed his morning nap.  But that's ok...he more than made up for it when we got home :)


working out the arms...

and the legs...

 and reaching for the bells.


No comments:

Post a Comment