Thursday, May 19, 2011

18 months

Seriously, where did the time go?!?! I cannot believe I am the mother of an 18 month old. Everyday with Kaden is a blessing. And a challenge. Especially since he's becoming more and more MR. INDEPENDENT. He's keeps me on my toes. And on the run. Child cannot stand to sit still. He loves playing out front with the older kids on the street. Going to the park. Going for a walk. Pushing his mow mow (lawnmower). Playing with water. If it involves being outside, it's a sure bet he'll love it! He's tough. So tough that yesterday when he fell in the street, I picked him up and told him to shake it off. He did. And 20 minutes later, I noticed blood on his shorts and a little chunk of skin missing from his knee. Wow...mother of the year over here!

He likes to make the sounds of a horse, sheep, cat, dog and cow. He likes to watch for planes. And cars. And say brmmm, brmmm. 'Cause that's what cars do. Loves sitting in the driver's seat and pretend he's driving. Pretty much anything we do, he wants to do. Especially, if it's something his daddy does. He now punches and kicks the heavy workout bag hanging in the garage. And likes to attempt walking around in his daddy's boots.

He loves reading books. And for that I am thankful. It's the only time I can get him to sit in my lap for longer than a minute. Then and also when he requests to be rocked before bedtime. Where did this come from? He hated being rocked as a baby and now as a toddler he asks for it?!?! I'm sure it's his way of prolonging getting in his bed and going night night!

Here are the stats from his 18 month check up: 28 lbs (75 percentile) 34.75 inches long (97th percentile). Yup...he's a big boy. I just had someone ask me today "is he 3?".

And with that, I will leave you with his latest stunt!

After I told him no, he proceeded to get down and try it with his four wheeler. My job is never ending with this little boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment