Friday, February 25, 2011

Missouri Superheros.

After being home from Colorado for a day and a half, we packed up the car and headed out for our 5 hour road trip to Missouri. It was a quick trip. There and back in 24 hours. My nephew turned 4 and I wasn't going to miss another birthday party. We missed years 2 and 3. 2 because we lived in Colorado and I was working on my MBA and 3 because we just moved back to Texas and had Kaden.

Saturday morning, the Flip Shop in Joplin, MO was invaded by superheros. The cutest little superheros I've ever seen. My creative and talented sister-in-law made superhero capes for all of the birthday boy's friends. Like 25 of them. And they all wore them during the party. Jumping on the humongous trampolines. Flying through the air on a rope, with capes blowing in the wind. Or simply relaxing in the huge pit of foam...like the birthday boy.

Seriously. I love the capes. My little superhero is really in to it too. He'll bring it to me during the day and want me to tie it on just so he can run through the house. So when he's really in to the whole superhero thing, I'll be hitting up my sister -in-law for her sewing services :).

Though the party was for Kamden and his friends. I'm not sure who had more fun. The kids. Or the adults. Kass commented last night, almost a week after the party, "that bounce place was so fun". Suppose we're all still kids at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment