Tuesday, July 2, 2013

time, the quiet and a trip

Time.  It's so precious.  And somewhat limited.  Especially when you have little ones.  Tonight I have 2 hours.  Of me time.  Only me.  Sister is asleep upstairs.  And the boys are out at the movies seeing Monsters University.  TV is off.  Lights are dim.  It's very quiet.  I like it.  And I'll soak it up.  For now. 

Please don't take that the wrong way.  I love my family.  All the noise.  All the messes.  All the drama.  All the spit up.  All the banging.  All the crashing.  All the stomping.  All the pouting.  All the discipline.  No really, I do love all of it.  Because that's our new norm.  That's our life now.  

But I LOVE quiet time too.  And that ~ the quiet ~ happens very seldom around here.  Which is a HUGE reason this blog is neglected.  There's just not enough time.  Enough of the quiet.  

So, now that I've got a little quiet to myself,  I'll take you back in time.  Back to May.  When we took a little trip to Georgia to see this handsome dude and his family ~ The Beatty's and The Christou's ~ that we do miss so very much.  They were our "baseball" friends from Dallas but now they are more like our extended family ~ out in Georgia.



It was just the 3 of us.  Sister stayed behind.  She had an ear infection the day before we left so she roomed with Nana and Papa in the country for a few days.  I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted it any other way.  She was SPOILED, I'm 100% certain of it.  So we did the same with brother.  We let him get away with no naps for a few days.  Let him stay up late.  Way late most nights.  We let him eat junk food.  Like a gigantic chocolate chip cookie for breakfast one day.  We let him watch lots of movies in the down time.  We just decided to give him a little slack and just let him be for a few days.  No big brother business.  And he did wonderfully.  His actions and attitude made it apparent that he appreciated and needed every minute of just having his mommy and daddy to himself.








And what trip to visit our "baseball" friends would be complete without the guys actually playing a little baseball.  As in, full on baseball TOURNAMENT.  No, they didn't win.  But they had a lot of fun.  And that's all that matters.    





On our last day of the trip, we decided to visit the Georgia Aquarium.  It's the world's largest with over 8 million gallons of water.  We got to watch a spectacular dolphin show and see lots and lots of interesting fish.  Along with some penguins, jellyfish and beautiful beluga whales.  My pictures don't do the whales justice ~ still learning my camera 2 years later...YIKES.  I'm sure it has something to do with having time.  And little patience too. 








And that my friends, was my 2 hours of quiet.  I feel so accomplished.  It's the little things.  Really, it is.  

On a side note, brother and I attempted to take pics of sister this afternoon, since she is now 5 months and all.  However, she was having NONE of it.  We'll give it a go again tomorrow.  Chubby cuteness coming soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment