Wednesday, October 13, 2010

what a weekend...

Last weekend was a busy one. Only because we made it that way. There are weekends where I just want to relax and spend time at home with my boys. And then there are those where I want to get things done. Check things off the list. I am a list kinda girl. Anyways, we started the weekend early Friday afternoon by driving over to the stone and gravel place to buy materials to complete a small flowerbed in the back yard. We started while Kaden napped. And when he woke up, he joined us outside. Playing in the dirt. Playing with the water. He was absolutely filthy when we were done. We all were. I should have taken a picture but all I wanted to do when that project was over was shower.

Saturday morning brought visitors much to Kaden's surprise. Bridget, Cody and Jenny drove up late Friday night. They had tickets to the A&M football game on Saturday. He had a blast showing them all of his toys in the playroom. I enjoyed drinking my coffee without a little boy tugging at me to come play with him. Much to my demise, here's a picture of Kaden with the Aggies.

After lunching at Wingstop with the Ags, we stopped at Buy Buy Baby to scope out a new car seat for the lil' man. Here he is holding daddy's hand walking through the store. Notice the matching outfits. Pretty cute, I must say!

Saturday afternoon, we checked out The Great Pumpkin Patch at Storybook Ranch which is within walking distance from our house. Not that we walked there, but we could have. I wouldn't really classify this as a "patch" but that's what they call it. There are just a ton of pumpkins under a big tent. You pick the one you want and buy it. We got 2 for $15.

And here's his newest trick...TOUCHDOWN! Perfect for football season. His friend Logan does this and daddy thought it was pretty cool so now Kaden does it...like ALL THE TIME. He thinks it fun. We think it's cute.

Checkin' out the animals at the petting zoo.

Sunday, we took a little trip to the State Fair of Texas. We looked and looked for all the fried food. Mainly the fried butter. Apparently, we weren't looking in the right places 'cause we never found it. We walked and walked and walked. Saw lots of animals. And even more people. It was crowded to say the least. And hot. Not really the experience I was hoping for but I'm glad we went. It was kinda weird being at the State Fair but not because we were showing our animals. That's the only reason my family ever went. To show our Gerts and steers. Really strange walking through the show barn. We all felt like city slickers with our shorts and flops on.

Kaden thought this goat was pretty cool until it stood up on the fence and was eye level with him.

Grabin' a snack!

And a lil' sip of water.

One last pic before his pals leave for the drive back to Aggieland.

No comments:

Post a Comment