Thursday, August 19, 2010

9 months old

Kaden was 9 months old on August 4th but we're just now getting around to the 9 month well check appointment. Thankfully, there were no shots involved today. It was a nice pleasant visit with Dr. Smith. We talked about introducing meats and table foods, which we have already done. He's not picky. But he will not eat baby foods with meat in them. Forget it. I don't blame him. And he refuses to feed himself. Not exactly sure why. He holds his own bottle and likes to be Mr. Independent with everything else. Dr. Smith said it will just come with time and should happen pretty soon. I am ready for it! Here are the stats...

Weight 22 lbs 10 oz 75th percentile
Length 30 inches 90th percentile

He has his 2 front bottom teeth and is working on his top ones. Dr. Smith thinks we'll see 4 new ones really soon. The boy is in to EVERYTHING. Dog bowls. Dog toys. Patch's tail. Pots. Pans. Tupperware. Mom's laptop. Dad's spare change jug. Climbing up the stairs. Crawling through the baby gate when I don't close it properly. Playing with doors. And the stoppers. The remote. Shoes. The diaper champ. Pretty much anything and everything that is in site. He's a boy. Need I say more. He loves bath time, always has. He now stands by the tub while I get the water ready and jumps excitedly. He knows the meaning of "no" but likes to test my patience. He acts like he doesn't know his name when he knows I am about to say "no, don't touch that." He loves, loves, loves his daddy. As soon as Kass walks in the door from work, he darts over to him and climbs up his legs, wanting Kass to pick him up. He loves being thrown way up in the air by Kass. He likes being tossed into a pile of pillows. He likes playing pick-a-boo. He says dada and mama. I am trying to teach him sign language. Started at 6 months and he still laughs at me to this day. Apparently, I am pretty funny when signing. Needless to say, he hasn't signed yet. Nor will he wave hi or bye. He just stares at people!

We had 9 month pictures taken. Here's a little sneak peek. I love the one of Kass and Kaden. They are the light of my life!

1 comment: